Sunday, February 27, 2011

I see a small flicker of light.....

And it is called HOPE!  Yes indeedy, I went to Weight Watchers and weighed in on Feb. 25th, 2011 and I had lost 4.4 pounds for a total of 13.8 pounds lost since January!  And I feel great about that!

It's a real shot of hope that this whole weight loss journey isn't some bad joke.  The only thing is that I do have some concerns about gaining that weight when I shouldn't have, I mean before.  I have tried my best to cut back on taking the one pain medicine, Vicodin (I think that's how it's spelled) and take the Motrin instead but I gotta say, the Motrin doesn't take away the pain quite as well!  Some days I can handle some of the pain, other days, not so much.  I need to keep an eye on that and see if I gain weight when I use more Vicodin than usual.

I feel so much hope that I took all the money I had left and went shopping at super Walmart and picked up some low cal TV dinners to help me on this weight loss journey.  I know they have too much salt in the them but if it is a choice of eating some other crap because I don't feel well enough to cook and eating a low cal frozen dinner, then, I'm going to eat the frozen dinner and count the points!  It's a trade off for me because I don't feel well enough to cook a LOT of the time and that makes it VERY hard to count points.  Sometimes I will eat something just to make the hunger pains in my stomach go away or when I am feel shaky and sick with low blood sugar.  Being diabetic sucks too.

And now I have this weird spot growing on the side of my leg so I need to make a doctors appointment.  I really don't like going to the doctor much.  I'm not scared so much as it is such a long and drawn out process and then they just tell you bad stuff or want to cut you open or something.  After the one and only surgery that I had a few years back, I really am against going to the doctor!  Gotta get over that though, what if the spot on my leg is cancer or an ulcer or something?  Creepy!!

But I am leaning towards being back on the Weight Watchers track and continuing my weight loss journey.  I want to continue even when I'm not doing so good because I don't ever want to give up this time.  I want to keep on this journey until enough weight comes off that I can start walking with the family.

I have a plan and I am going to take it one day at a time.  I am going to watch what I eat and track the points and weigh in at Weight Watchers each week.  That is my plan for TODAY.  Then, we will see about tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment