Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ready to Quit, Already....

I'm still fighting off the depression and shock I had from the scale at weigh in.  I don't want to quit Weight Watchers but, I DO want to quit Weight Watchers.  I almost feel like the whole thing is pointless.  This was actually one of my huge fears about joining Weight Watchers in the first place; that I could not lose weight.

Not too long after I was first diagnosed as a diabetic, I was actively trying to lose weight and instead, I gained and gained and gained.  The doctor I had at that time verbally chastised me that she could not help me if I would not help myself.  At the time though, I WAS actively trying to lose weight and I had no idea what the heck was happening; how could I be gaining so much weight?

It wasn't until a few years later that another, a doctor who specialized in diabetes, told me that the medicine I was on at the time, Actos, will cause weight gain.  And not just a little weight gain but lots of weight gain, especially the higher the dosage you take.  Huh, and I'd had that quack doctor telling me that I had to quit eating so much when THAT had nothing to do with the weight gain.  What a mess!  Some doctor cause more harm than good.  That's been my experience anyway because when she told me that I had to quit eating so much, and I WAS eating right, proper portions etc., I felt hopeless, sort of like I'm feeling right now.

I am not sure how to get over this hurdle.  I don't know if I will, or even if I CAN, lose weight.  I need to make a doctors appointment and go in and talk to him.  I just don't like going to the doctor, not since my surgery three years ago; giant ovarian mass removal with complications.  Bleck!

I'm still thinking and pondering and wondering what to do about this whole situation.  I just don't know what the answer is yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment