Sunday, January 16, 2011

Eeek, Slow Start to the Second Week.... Day Eight

After I weighed in yesterday and found out that I'd lost 8 pounds, well, I thought it would be simple to just continue to track the foods I eat and stay on the straight and healthy (in a manner of speaking).  What I found though is that I am hungry, more hungry now than I was when I even started!  How can this be?  And WHY is an even better question?

This week I get 56 PointsPlus each day instead of 57 but that's just one point and really shouldn't make a difference, right?  The problem is that I am finding it harder to eat healthy stuff like plenty of vegetables to fluff out my points so I don't get hungry.  I can eat the vegetables along with my meal but darn it, I am hungry still or again right away.  I am not sure if this is all mental or emotional or what but I don't like it, not one little bit!

This week though, I have to say that real life is intruding and not in a pleasant way.  Emotions are swirling around, I'm generally crabby and tired so the kids think I don't like 'em and they'd be right most of the time, poor dears.  It's not always a good thing to have me living with them because I am a very cranky granny. I don't mean to be and I sure don't want to be but yet, here I am, crabby and cranky, tired and in pain and not the most friendly of people.  But I don't think I could live alone at this time because I don't feel well so often and I am not fully functional most of the time either.  So for now, staying and doing the best that I can with what I've got, cranky and all.

All I can do about this emotion swirling around and real life intruding though is to just track as much of the food I eat as I can.  I keep wanting to eat more and more but I have not let myself do so yet.  If I have to, I can eat a can of fruit packed in fruit juice.  I'm not supposed to eat all the fruit I WANT but I can eat all the fruit I NEED to feel full and stay on track.  So that's what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment