Monday, January 17, 2011

Still Hungry.... Day Ten

Oh my gosh, I have been so darn hungry this week.  At least right now I am full and I hope to be able to make it all night long without eating anything.  Being diabetic, it is very hard for me to make it through the night without eating something or drinking a Glucerna shake for diabetics.  Those have 5 Weight Watchers PointPlus points.

I was eating a can of Campbell's Minestrone soup to keep me going but I am out of them.  The whole can has 6 WW PointsPlus points and it tastes good, has a mix of protein, vegetables and carbs plus I like the flavor of it right out of the can.  It makes a cheaper snack than the Glucerna's, which are expensive at $9 for 6 bottles.  The soup is $1 for each can and it lasts me longer than the Glucerna's do.

Today I tracked everything I ate but dang, I was hungry, even after eating a meal.  I have got to start making recipes instead of relying on frozen dinners.  

As hard as it has been this week, I don't see how I will lose any weight.  Of course I thought that last week too.  I don't know, I guess I will see when I hit that scale on Friday morning at the Weight Watchers meeting.  This week really has been a lot harder, more real life intrusions and plus we are all getting sick.  I've been coughing and having a runny nose, just like the kids do.  That would be the problem with living with all these people, all those germs.

I think I will make a big pot of healthy chicken vegetable soup tomorrow, plenty of vegetables with zero points, some chicken and some whole wheat egg noodles.  I would prefer brown rice cuz I like it but my daughter doesn't like it as much as I do.  It's okay though cuz the noodles are good too.

I made eggplant this afternoon.  I took one eggplant, diced it, used 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs, two teaspoons of olive oil and fried it.  Then I used 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of grated cheese and it was tasty.  I would have liked to eat the whole eggplant but I had to share it with my daughter and our roommate since we are all on this Weight Watchers journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment