Friday, January 28, 2011

Sloooooooooow weight loss....Day 21

Well, it was weigh in day again and I went and found that I had lost .2 which seems like a very small number.  In fact, it almost seems worthless but, is it really?  I mean it's only been three weeks since I started Weight Watchers and in total I am down 12.4 pounds and that's good, right?  Well heck yes, it is!

The problem is that I wanted to lose so much more than a "mere" .2 tenths of a pound but it really is slow and steady that will win this race.  Huh, what race?  Well, the weight loss journey i.e. race that is a part of my new lifestyle change, you know what I mean?

It doesn't help that my own mother thinks that I didn't do well this week by losing "just .2"  Yikes, now them's some fightin' words!  LOL  Seriously, I can't listen to my own mother about this or I might want to quit right now because who cares anyway?  I don't want to fall into any of those old traps and self-defeating attitudes so begone I say!

And really, I've been sick this past week and still managed to stay on track with my eating and I still lost weight so I am thinking that I am pretty darn awesome!

So in that spirit I want to say that I lost .2 tenths of a pound for a grand total of 12.4 pounds lost!  Yay me! I am down to 389.2 and I only have 7.6 pounds to go to reach my goal of losing the first 5% of my body weight.  Yay!!

1 comment: