Monday, January 10, 2011

Harder Than I Thought it Would Be.... Day 2

Well here it is day 2 of my weight loss journey and I have to say, not a lot of fun, really.  Blah.

I am following the Weight Watchers PointsPlus plan and I get 57 PointsPlus points each day.  Honestly, that's a lot of food and fruits and vegetables have no points so, in theory, you can eat tons of them.  In reality, you are only supposed to eat what you need to not feel hungry.  That's what our leader told us at the last meeting.  She had a person in one of her groups that gained weight because he was eating A LOT of fruit, too many, so she had to tell him.  "You can eat as much as you need, not as much as you WANT."

So what's my problem then?  Well, for one thing, it is a lot of work to track your foods, I don't like it.  I feel like all I ever think about is food, more than before I started this whole weight loss journey.  I do know that part of my problem is that I don't feel well.  My body hurts, especially my joints.  I guess age (49) and weight (401.6) are really catching up to me.  Well, that's the whole reason for the weight loss journey i.e. plan.

Actually though, I am doing well.  I am making food choices that are well within my points total of 57 points per day.  I just need to juggle them better so I am not feeling that diabetic crash thing that happens and then I sit there and cry and can't think of what I'm supposed to do about it.  I hate it when that happens!  Plus I feel even worse physically.

I wish I had unlimited money or at least, more money so that I could buy better food choices.  I would like more fresh fruit and some vegetables but I have to limit myself to what the budget can afford.  There are 6 of us living here; me, my adult daughter, her partner and my three grandsons and it takes the combined incomes of all of us just to pay the bills and have food on the table.  That's just the reality of things and sometimes it gets in the way of having good food choices.

I am doing the best I can with what I've got.  I think I might come to really hate that saying!
I drew this picture with MS Paint on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment